ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS*
Below you’ll find an overview of Canary Patient Services and answers to questions you might have.
What are Canary Patient Services?
• canturio™te – The sensor in your new knee that collects data.
• Home Base Station – How data is securely transferred from your knee to the Canary Cloud.
• Canary Cloud – Where your data is analyzed and converted to metrics that matter to you.
• Patient Dashboard – Where you go to view your data and manage your account.
• Patient Mobile App – Where you go to view your data from your mobile phone.
What to expect before and after surgery?
• Your canturio™te will automatically start collecting your activity data.
• At night, your canturio™te will communicate with your Home Base Station and send your activity data to your doctor and your Patient Dashboard.
• Both you and your doctor can view your activity data to see how you’re recovering and how active you are for many years after.
• You’ll be able to access your data using either your Patient Dashboard or the Patient Mobile App.
Data collection and security
• canturio™te collects data during the day and transfers that data at night, while you sleep.
• Up to 30 days of data can be stored by your canturio™te. This means that you’re OK to be away from your Home Base Station for several nights without losing data.
• canturio™te collects data every day for nearly a year after your surgery and then periodically thereafter.
• Your canturio™te device will collect data for at least 10 years, more likely the lifetime of the implant.
• Yes. Data from your canturio™te implant are sent to our Health Information Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant servers over a secure connection to ensure that your health information is protected and remains private.
Traveling with your Canary implant
• You can travel with your Canary canturio™te.
• Knee implants set off metal detectors. Just tell the security agent that you have a knee implant beforehand. It’s also a good idea to carry your implant ID card with you.
• Talk with your doctor or consult your Patient Manual if you are going to be away from home for more than 30 days.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
* WARNING – The kinematic data from this device has not been demonstrated to have clinical benefit. It is not intended to be utilized for clinical decision-making, and no data has been evaluated by FDA regarding clinical benefits.